Your table is ready...

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Almond Joy's got nuts....Mounds don't

You remember the jingle. Sitting on the floor as a kid watching the "Charlie Brown Christmas Special" or "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and seeing those insessant Peter, Paul and Mary folk song singing candy peddlers. At least I always thought the Puff the Magic Dragon group was the one behind those little coconut treasures enrobbed in dark choclate with the one crucial almond to give it just the right amount of varied texture. Turns out it was Peter and Paul Company. Of course, no longer in business as anything to do with chocolate in the USA has been gobbled up by Hershey's. Apparently in 1988 in this case.
Anyway, with Halloween time upon us the CVS on the corner of my block has been sending me "Eat my candy" vibes all day. I may have to answer the call.

Mmmm, chocolate and nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home