Your table is ready...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

La vita è una sceneggiatura

I am back on the Italian kick. Just cleaned out my car last week and found my Pimsleur CD's. I figure with four languages under my tongue I should have a good shot at being sent to our European office within the year. Wish me luck!

As for Life being a Screenplay, I have seen a lot of movies in my day. Certainly not as many as my ex-pat in Italy, but enough to day dream in script quite often. Whenever I read a book I imagine the whole thing playing out like a movie. Full on characterizations, expressions in dialogue, scenery, sometimes even sound effects in my head. I often actually cast the parts in my head as well. Take Davinci Code for example. I hear that Tom Hanks is being cast as Langdon. I totally had a more imposing figure cast in my head. Maybe Charles Grodin or even Clive Owen. But with an A-list book, i guess you have to go with an A-list actor. Audrey Tatou, while very cute seems too frail for the part of Sophie. Too doe eyed. I was thinking more like Thandie Newton or Monica Barladeanu.

Lately I have been having these vivid dreams but they haven't included me or anyone I know. More like movie plots. When i wake up I have even gone so far as considered writing a few of them down. Could make for a solid movie. Too bad I am not a good writer or I would simply create a serial blog. Serials for you young kids out there are what people read before movies and TV. Think comic books and radio programs. Cliffhangers du jour.

Hmm, maybe I will give it a go some time. In the meantime, back to daydreaming in THX.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home