Your table is ready...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I hate CIGNA

Ok, i never thought i would use this medium as a venting tool but as my GERD is starting to act up (another reason i hate CIGNA but more on that later) I will tell you about my crappy day on the phone with CIGNA. I just changed jobs a few months ago and now CIGNA is my provider. I have tried to get 3 different prescriptions filled with them and each one they about had a fit trying to fill them. To date I have only received one. I could be dead by now if I was waiting on nitro glycerin pills or something.
Turns out i need "Prior Authorization" in order to get these prescriptions filled. What the hell is that? I mean, what is the point of a prescription then??? Is that not a form of prior authorization. It's not like all the doctors out there are signing prescriptions all willy nilly to anyone who asks. They obviously wrote the prescription because the patient "needs" the medicine. Arrrgh! Thankfully my doctor's office is down the hall from my office (in fact i stare out my window into his office all day. Good thing his back is to the window or else it could get awkward).
I need to go to the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home