Your table is ready...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I love nuts!

Catchy title i'm sure.
I love nuts. Pretty much all types. I'm talking about the fruit seeds. Yes, they are fruit and yes they are seeds. In fact, all nuts are seeds, but not all seeds are nuts. Sort of like that whole square vs. rectangle thing. I could get all botanical here and discuss the differences between nuts and seeds and legumes and drupes but in the end they are all just good eats.
My favorites lately have been peanuts and pistachios (legumes and drupes respectively). Especially since getting the cholesterol results back from my aforementioned physical, i have been devouring these two heart healthy nuts by the handful. They make a great snack. They are both very well thought of as it turns out. There is a peanut institute and a pistachio commission.
Whoda thunk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home