Your table is ready...

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

0-1-9

That is the record of my two teams as of late. Talk about winter doldrums. The GT mens basketball team (although, there are only two upperclassmen so I am not sure I can call them "men" yet) have just rattled off 7 straight losses. I knew this was going to be a rebuilding year. But I guess it just stings to actually see that realization on paper. Of course being in arguably the best conference doesn't help the W column for the struggling youngin's. On the plus side I think Hewitt will be able to make a run at it again in two years. Hopefully this time there won't be a UCONN in our way to the championship.

My other team, Liverpool, has just gone 0-1-2 in the past three game. Mind you the losses came to #1 and #2 on the table (Chelski and Man Ugh) which just adds to the defeats. We pretty much dominated both games possesion, strategy and overall play we just can't find any quality scorers in the box. Hopefully Fowler will be able to put some in the net up front. Stevie G's shoulders have got to be getting tired. Hell, the whole team for that matter. I mean they have played 38 game already this year. With a roster no where near as deep as Chelski or Man U.
Hopefully with the two games in hand on the aforementioned they can pull it out in the end and steal that #2 spot by May. With a healthy midfield, the same stalwort defense and some newfound scoring up front I think we may even have a shot at a repeat in Europe too!

Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home