Your table is ready...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

La musica por hombres? De hombres.

So with the countdown at just under 20 days I have been trying to put together the playlist for the reception in Mexcio. Knocked out the playlist for the wedding CD in a matter of minutes. However, in doing so, it was brought to my attention that I didn't have one female singer/group in the bunch.
Which got me thinking....do I have something against female singers?

I had noticed this before and never really put much thought into it. I guess there aren't that many female singers/groups that I really get into. Perhaps it is because most of the music I listen to is about the music and not really about the lyrics.

I am not a lyrics guy by nature.
The sounds and transitions is what moves me about music and not necessarily the message.

Giving a cursory glance at my iTunes library only compounded this argument. Jazz, classical, punk, rap, techno, trance, acoustic these are the genres that have distinct melodic quality and not necessarily a vehicle for a poignant message or lyric.

To make a long story not much longer....there was a staunch request for the wedding playlist to include at least one female. So, Sheryl Crow's Strong Enough made the cut. Apropos I think.

As for the reception playlist.....not sure if I can make any promises. (But there may just be some Gwen and Kelly on there for good measure)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home